New York Business Formation and Transactions Lawyers
Teitelbaum Law Group, LLC in White Plains, and New York City, our attorneys offer superior, efficient service to clients in a professional, personal, and cost-effective manner. We are a specialty law firm, right-sized to meet the legal needs and financial concerns of today's business leaders.
At TLG, we deliver quality legal services to clients of all sizes. We take a common sense and personal approach to everything we do.
- We use our legal expertise, analytical abilities, business background, and common sense to formulate practical solutions to complex business problems and to provide sound legal advice to our clients.
- We pursue alternative dispute resolution, including formal and informal mediation and arbitration, when it is in a client's best interests.
- We maintain extensive affiliations with experienced counsel in areas including venture capital transactions, fund formation, securities litigation, environmental matters, intellectual property, tax, trust, and estates.
- We communicate with our clients continuously to make sure that we meet their needs.
- We remain flexible, understanding that a client's priorities can change due to time and cost constraints.
Jay Teitelbaum concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation and transactions, with a particular emphasis on creditors' rights, lender representation, corporate bankruptcy, reorganization, and restructuring. He has practiced before state and federal trial and appellate courts throughout the country. He also has been the lead counsel in significant cases including Tribune (representing nearly 200 retirees holding over $100 million in claims), The 1031 Tax Group (representing approximately 18 individuals defrauded by Ed Okin), Suntech Power (representing bondholders as petitioning creditors), Nirvana Water (special counsel to the Chapter 11 debtor retained to effect a Chapter 11 sale of the Debtors’ business operations). Jay Teitelbaum is a certified mediator for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York and has been appointed to mediate disputes in commercial cases such as in re Metaldyne (formerly Chrysler) and in re Kodak.
Jay Teitelbaum was appointed the Liquidation Trustee in the bankruptcy cases involving Ralph Esmerian where he was charged with recovering one of the largest collections of American Folk Art for creditors holding over nearly $200 million in claims.
In addition to his legal practice, Jay Teitelbaum has been an active volunteer in our community serving as a member of the Planning Board of the Village of Briarcliff Manor in Westchester County, New York. In 2015 Jay was named as a co-chair of the Bankruptcy Committee of the Westchester County Bar Association.
Offices in White Plains and Manhattan
For the convenience of our clients, our firm maintains offices in Manhattan in addition to White Plains.
Teitelbaum Law Group, LLC
Attorneys at Law
1 Barker Avenue, Third Floor
White Plains, NY 10601
Map and Directions
9 East 40th Street, Fourth Floor
New York, NY 10016
c/o McCormick & O'Brien, LLP*
* Teitelbaum Law Group, LLC is not affiliated with McCormick & O'Brien, LLP